Patient recruiting for clinical studies and trials at PatientsLikeMe has multiple components to help entice patient participation.
Patient Matching for Basic Research and Clinical Trials
- Education and support for patients with informational materials on clinical trials
- Matching of researchers with qualified patients who are seeking trial participation
- Bi-directional recruitment, as illustrated below
1. Patient to Project Matching:
- Enables patients to see and understand how their data is being used for research
- Allows patients to contact the PatientsLikeMe Research and Development Team for further information, enrollment opportunities and procedures, etc.
2. Researcher to Patient Matching:
- Allows researchers to gauge how many potentially relevant patients are on the site and identify potential cohorts
- Minimizes frustration and streamlines the recruitment process by only contacting patients who have agreed to be contacted, based on patient-set privacy and consent settings
- Bioinformatics/data mining